When young women first start shaving, they soon realize how tricky it can be to figure out how to shave without getting cuts and nicks. There are a few simple things you can do so that you can begin shaving your legs quicker and without getting all cut up.
Regardless of where you are going to shave, you can use some easy tips to make it safer and to get the job done right.
1. Be sure to wet your legs (or any other area you are shaving) for at least three minutes before you begin shaving. The water will plump up your hair which makes it much easier to cut. Using shaving cream helps to keep moisture in.
2. Don’t press too hard. Most good razors will work best with less pressure.
3. Shave in the same direction that your hair is growing. When you want to get super-close, you can very carefully shave in the opposite direction of the hair growth.
4. You can clean your razor using baby oil if you want it to last longer.
5. Use hair conditioner in place of shaving cream. Baby oil or coconut oil will work as a shaving cream substitute as well. Just be sure to rinse well. Your legs will be extra smooth and it is less expensive than using shaving cream.
6. Put Chapstick on a cut to make it stop bleeding
7. Be sure that you switch out your razor blade before it gets dull. A dull blade will result in more nicks and cuts.
8. TAKE YOUR TIME! You have to take your time when shaving your legs. Once you get more practice, it will become easier. Rushing through this can result in serious cuts, so be careful!